Monday, July 08, 2024

Physician, Heal The Press

You can start there. Then watch Lawrence O’Donnell explain what gossips the White House Preps Corps are (watch it and tell me I’m wrong in my characterization): And yes, let’s remember this is old news: Closing with the subject of old age: Comedians age faster than Presidents in their careers. Jon Stewart’s self-righteous act has, like Bill Maher’s, passed its sell-by date. He says he’s had experience with old people, so he’s an expert on age related decline? My father declined slowly, then rapidly, in his last years. He died just after his 90th birthday, so that happened in his late 80’s.  He died of a brain tumor diagnosed shortly before his death.  Then again, he didn’t have a White House Medical Unit giving him access to 24/7 medical care, or an annual examination by a team of physicians. My father also was not fit, and never exercised.

Mr. Stewart has no more expertise in these matters than I do. But he does have a microphone/megaphone. He should use it more responsibly. Or maybe he’s just getting old, and intemperate.

1 comment:

  1. My mother was sharp as a tack up till nearly a hundred. The day she died she interacted with the nurse practitioner who saw her, using technical language correctly and insightfully. She was entirely more on the ball than Jon S. has been at his best.
    I give entertainers exactly no second chances, as I would an elected official. He's, for all practical purposes, all in for Trump, now.

    ReplyDelete