Wednesday, April 22, 2020

See? He didn't use the word "Worse"!


And, in fact, he didn't:

“There’s a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through,” CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with The Washington Post. “And when I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean.”

“We’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time,” he said.
But the distinction between "worse" and "more difficult" is lost on me.

WTF is any of this doing to help us cope with this crisis?  My county officials hold a press conference almost every day, and they announce useful information.  As of Monday, everyone over the age of 10 who is out in public in the county is required to wear a mask of some kind:  handkerchief, bandana, tall turtleneck (in Houston in May?  Nah!), what-have-you.  That's news I can use.  News about the number of illnesses, deaths, problems we'll have if we don't keep our distance from each other for another 30 or 60 or 90 days; that's information I can use.

This crap, about what somebody said in an interview (and he says he said it)?  Crap.

And from what I can tell from the other room, where the TeeVee is on, this is taking up everybody's time with questions and explanations and I'm waiting for Trump to start yelling....

More crap.

Dance, monkey, dance.  You aren't worth anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment