Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Unless I’m Greatly Confused

I think I mentioned Federal Courts control access by licensing lawyers to appear before them. This is Giuliani asking for a one-off to appear in a particular case. The only one I know of is the case where counsel just withdrew, leaving the third-string in place, and a hearing set for today.  Election lawsuits are, by their nature, time sensitive.  You can't really do anything about an election that's a year in the rearview mirror.  Letting Giuliani in should be a pro forma matter, but in this situation it may not be.  It certainly won't change the trajectory of the case or the need to dispose of its issues in as timely a manner as possible (the court's major consideration).

If Giuliani wants in for the hearing this morning, it'll be a clown show.  But it'll be Bozo on stage, not some wanna-be knock off clown.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I'd pay to be in the audience of that hearing. I'd love to see Rudy floundering in front of an unappreciative audience of judges. I'm against cameras in the courtroom but I'd make an exception for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NY Times reporting Rudy wants $20,000 a day for his representation.

    ReplyDelete