Tuesday, December 01, 2020

The Classic, Irrefutable, American Argument

"If I knew what I was talking about, I would be duped by my knowledge."

This works in politics.  It doesn't work in a court of law (the Supreme Court excepted.  I'm beginning to think more and more that's just a clown car rolling through history.).  It doesn't work in government, as the past four-year experiment has proven.

But it's one helluva lot easier than thinking.  And after 20 years at it, as a teacher (a few before that as a pastor), I'm convinced you cannot teach people to think.  You can only encourage the ones who already do, to do it better.  This is why so many highly educated people (professional degrees, academic degrees), are such dumbasses.  They learned to respond like trained poodles.  They never learned to think.

This ol' world keep spinnin' round.  It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down.

No comments:

Post a Comment