Saturday, April 17, 2021

Oh This Is Going To Be Fun

Then so is this, I guess: How hard is McCarthy going to work to distance the party from these clowns? I don't need to quote the Forbes article, I can go straight to the source: Yeah, that’s not “Big Media, Big Tech,” or “Big Government.”  That’s the words of this new caucus.  "Importing" foreigners "en masse" seems pretty direct and racist and xenophobic to me.  Also pretty plain language.

Really not sure how their policies will “end wars,” but I guess that’s because wars are caused by non-Anglo-Saxons not minding their place.  Right?
Heh.

In the meantime, I think we can walk and chew gum at the same time:
It’s not like we didn’t know the people involved are  racist white supremacists. If anything, now it’s just undeniable. I mean, Louie Gohmert is from the part of Texas where I grew up, and yes it is a representative government. He represents his constituents pretty damned well. Sadly. So we might as well point and laugh. Yelling really isn’t going to help. Although this is starting to make sense: Maybe they were worried about where the bone marrow would come from? You know, like “non-Anglo-Saxon” types?

(It has been pointed out that since 1066 the Normans have been in charge of England and the Isles, and since we are all related to Charlemagne, IIRC, the whole “Anglo-Saxon” thing really is pretty defunct.  Not that this isn’t a pedantic point lost on meatheads who even speak of “Anglo-Saxon political traditions.”)

2 comments:

  1. Republicans want to ban Chinese food and Pizza and the Mex in Tex-Mex. Budweiser is hardly Anglo-Saxon. Not to mention St. Patrick's Day. Geesh, they want to make the country more boring than lily-white Maine used to be when I was a kid. I'm old enough so I remember when broccoli was too ethnic for some WASPs around here. Someone once asked me if my family were French because we used so many onions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Anglo-Saxon architecture and the Norman Conquest ....

    "Gargoyles were originally designed in 13th century French architecture as a means of disposing of water. Think of them as the precursor to the gutter. Typically, a trough was cut into the back of the gargoyle and the rainwater was able to run off of the roof and through the gargoyle's mouth."

    ReplyDelete