Monday, April 26, 2021

But I Thought The Roman Church Was A Monolith!

Where everyone walked in lockstep!

And yeah, good little Protestant that I am, I've got a scripture for this priest:

Then he took him to Jerusalem, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to him, "To prove you're God's son, jump off from here; remember, it is written, 'To his heavenly messengers he will give orders about you, to protect you,' and 'with their hands they will catch you, so you won't even stub your toe on a stone.' "

And in response Jesus said to him, "It is said, 'You are not to put the Lord your God to the test.' "

Luke 4:9-12, SV

I've got nothing against prayer, but medicine is not the tool of Satan.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a Youtube compilation of "evangelical" (read TV) preachers saying similar things from CNN, one after another and I have to say by the end of it I could say I never believed in Satan as much as I do now, especially the one who looked like is eyes were made of beads of solder. This guy is definitely a JPII era lunatic. I've encountered several of the JPII era priests, they are not the best crop of them.

    I'm beginning to think that more and more Catholics are finding the American hierarchy irrelevant or a hindrance to their faith. All we need is a label to catch on and there will be a large faith-group pop up in the PEW and other soc-polling outfits.

    ReplyDelete