Wednesday, April 28, 2021

If A Tree Falls In the Forest, Do We Have To Listen To The Recording Of It?

Now do Tucker Carlson. I honestly believe more people know what Carlson says because of Twitter than because of cable TV.  I'm glad he didn't quote Trump's statement, which really doesn't bear repeating nor is it worthy of any publicity.  But Carlson is still happy that you spell his name right.

(And no, it isn't driving Carlson's ad revenues up.  I saw an excellent Twitter thread that pointed out nearly the only sponsor Carlson has is My Pillow.  But, as the thread pointed out, Murdoch doesn't care.  FoxNews collects a larger percentage of the cable fees subscribers pay than most other cable networks.  Murdoch makes his money whether anyone watches Carlson or not.  All Twitter is doing (or rather, the people on Twitter) is giving Carlson the audience cable doesn't.  What's up with that?)

3 comments:

  1. If a Republican-fascist says something in the forest and no one hears it it is still a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed the chyron about masks stripping away individual identities. His masks, maybe, not mine.

    The Lovely Wife made me a set of masks from material printed with covers from Marvel comics (some of them comics I actually have left over from adolescence! Life is full of coincidence). They don’t strip my identify, they mark it. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on those masks.

    These people got nuthin’. Four years of Trump have pretty much burned this nonsense out of the national system. What’s left is reside that hasn’t been flushed out yet.

    It will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Reside" should be "residue."

    I can't tell if I can't spell anymore, can't type, or just can't see. I think it's the latter two, mostly.

    ReplyDelete