Monday, November 22, 2021

And That's When I Realized This Is The Anniversary of JFK's Assassination*

Shot. Chaser.

What was Schimdt's first clue?  Tailgunner Ted hasn't changed since he first ran for the Senate; but now Schmidt finds him intolerable?  I know, I know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but:

"These people ... from Paul Gosar (R-AZ), who has raised money from a Holocaust denier, who has aligned himself with white nationalists and white supremacists," said Schmidt. "No hyperbole at all involved. He ideated about the murder of a Congresswoman. Matt Gaetz, all the rest of them are — they're loony. They're, crazy. Lauren Boebert, six or seven different arrests on her criminal jacket. These political extremists are in charge of the Republican Party."

They have been since Newt Gingrich took out a Contract On America.  Did Schmidt just now notice?

"When you look at somebody like Ted Cruz, you know he's lying. Everybody knows he's lying. Ted Cruz knows he's lying," Schmidt said. "But extraordinary cynicism coupled with the type of propaganda that comes out of Fox News and the right-wing can turn that nonsense into reality. So, Ted Cruz helped incite the Jan. 6th attacks with his lying, with instigations. He was, of course, revving up the crowd there that morning. And he has sought to whitewash it with more lying for many, many months. He is a truly despicable figure at a moment of real crisis." 

So January 6th finally made the scales fall from your eyes? I dunno, man, that wasn't exactly a Damascus conversion for you.  I'm having a hard time welcoming you over from the dark side.  I mean, Ted Cruz was talking like this before MTG ever found out where D.C. is located:

 

Which is still better than MTG (and maybe that's the point of the critique; Cruz now sounds rational compared to...) But while we're on the subject of reporting on the obvious, what is it about Q-Anon and Dallas that makes people write like this? You mean two dead guys didn't show up in Dallas, alive and well? Huh. I guess that's fair and balanced, huh? Or is it objective journalism? I have so much trouble telling those two apart.....

*and I still remember where I was when I heard the news; because it happened in Dallas, and I was born in Dallas, and had family in Dallas whom we visited several times a year from a little town nearby in East Texas.  So it was something I could relate to.

2 comments:

  1. How come Jacki doesn't get to come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah but it is also St. Cecilia‘s Day.

    Let old Timotheus yield the prize
    Or both divide the crown;
    He raised a mortal to the skies,
    She drew an angel down.

    Can’t leave everything to the Horribles.

    ReplyDelete