Saturday, November 27, 2021

Who's Zoomin' Who?

Best I can figure this 'SUPPLY CRISIS!' B.S. is aimed at old people who still have cable (the FoxNews audience is diminishing by the day; why does no one notice?) and are stuck at home and thinks someone somewhere can't get what they want.

I drove by the mall (I live nearby, I had to pass that way) and the parking lot was full, as it should be this time of year.  I've been to Costco and, while I saw bare shelves there several months ago (when the "shipping crisis" had supposedly begun), the warehouse is full now, overflowing with the usual seasonal Xmas crap.  And I didn't notice any shortage of food at the grocery store (although coffee was down sharply on the shelves; well, the coffee I was looking for, for a gift for a friend.  But that's because the store has been flooded with customers all week.).

Although this apparently is real (the first time I saw it I thought it was parody):
Apparently after such a long bout of fighting covid, we all want syrup on our pancakes. Or in our custard. I did make maple pot de creme for Thanksgiving. But I already had the maple syrup on hand. So I didn't take anybody's; not this year, anyway.

As for that coronavirus variant stuff they're chatting about above:  lord above, people are stupid!  Yeah, it's an international conspiracy to make the Democrats look good because what helps the incumbents more than a never-ending crisis everyone is sick (sorry!) of?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's like the Pharaoh's two nightmares of shortage, an expression of anxiety by someone who has way,way too much to start with.

    There is a down-side to the fading cable TV industry, local access TV is funded by cable fees in most places. Local access can be everything from non-existent to terrible to about the only adequate alternative to the dying and dead local newspaper. I can access meetings and other information programming on mine online but if they didn't have the money for equipment and paying two people to coordinate and work it (both put in far more unpaid hours than those they get paid for). FOX and CNN would be no loss to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Pharaoh’s nightmares is the best analogy here. I don’t think anyone is suffering a real loss of access to goods except those who always do; and we make sure they’re invisible to us. The rest of us aren’t really going to suffer for lack of another Xmas present.

    ReplyDelete