Thursday, November 18, 2021

But The People We DON'T Like? 'LOCK 'EM UP!'

Thus says God, the Lord,
  who created the heavens and stretched them out,
  who spread out the earth and what comes from it,
who gives breath to the people upon it
  and spirit to those who walk in it:
I am the Lord, I have called you in righteousness,
  I have taken you by the hand and kept you;
I have given you as a covenent to the people,
  a light to the nations,
  to open the eyes that are blind,
to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon,
  from the prison those who sit in darkness.
I am the Lord, that is my name;
  my glory I give to no other,
  nor my praise to idols.
See, the former things have come to pass,
  and new things I now declare;
before they spring forth,
  I tell you of them.

Isaiah 42:5-9

Happy are they who have the God of Israel for their help!
whose hope is in the Lord their God;

Who made heaven and earth, the seas, and all that is in them;
who keeps his promise forever;

Who gives justice to those who are oppressed,
and food to those who hunger.

The Lord sets the prisoners free; the Lord opens the eyes of the blind;
the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;

The Lord loves the righteous; the Lord cares for the stranger;
he sustains the orphan and widow, but frustrates the way of the wicked.

The Lord shall reign for ever,
your God, O Zion, throughout all generations. Hallelujah!

Psalm 146:1-9

The spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to announce pardon for prisoners
and recovery of sight to the blind;
to set free the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's amnesty.

Luke 4:18-19, a/k/a Isaiah 61:1-2 (SV)

Ain't that the shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment