Tuesday, March 22, 2022

I Know I’m Supposed To Get Agitated About This…

None of which is spontaneous: I mean, I understand: But let’s face it: And, too, also: Basically it’s the worst jib interview in the world, for a job you will have for the rest of your life. A job you can’t be fired from (no one has been so far). And an interview process no one will remember (unless your name is Bork or Thomas), and no one but a few Twitter obsessives and Sean Hannity will remember tomorrow.

Me, I’d be as belligerent and argumentative as Robert Bork. Everybody understands why Bork never got on the court. He smirked and argued with the Senators. You don’t do that in the job interview.

I don’t know quite how the British do it, but I know they do it better than this. Somewhere around the Rehnquist court the court was broken, and Bork smashed the nomination hearings into rubble. From that rubble we have the modern process, where one side is angry, the other side is satisfied, and the nominee is anodyne. Or not, in the case of Kavanaugh. But you can be Bork again, because all that matters is who has the votes.

The whole GOP might as well be Gym Jordan and MTG. McConnell just makes noises about the party’s “fringe.” There isn’t anything but fring there anymore.

Except humor; there’s always humor:

No comments:

Post a Comment