Wednesday, November 23, 2022

πŸ€”

I hold most of the Supreme Court in contempt for their ideology and willingness to ignore law and precedent and even facts to rule as they see fit. But I’m not so contemptuous of them as to think they’d rule for Trump just because he’s Trump.

That’s mostly because I haven’t seen any evidence they would, because they haven’t. Judge Cannon is another matter. She has proven herself both corrupt and incompetent. But the 11th circuit is dealing with her.

In 62 cases I never saw a judge rule for Trump, period. The Supreme Court has rejected Trump’s appeals repeatedly, including his assaults on the electoral system. I have seen judges rule in ways that seem political, but are actually simply ideological (perhaps just as bad, but who doesn’t have an ideology?). I’m familiar with Mr. Dooley’s observation that the Court follows the election results. But even bluntly ideological judges don’t rule based on who’s up and who’s down in D.C.

I’m cynical; but I’m not that cynical.

No comments:

Post a Comment