Saturday, November 26, 2022

Different Strokes...

...for different folks.

Lights?  Not until at least (or near enough for dammit!) Gaudete Sunday.  Depending on the weather, which is currently vacillating between '70's and 50's (the lower number considered "cool" if not "cold" here on the Third Coast).

Then again, they'll be up until at least 1/6, so 5+ weeks is too damned long.

Food for the weather/season?  I'd go for tamales or at least cheese enchiladas.  The latter are easier to make at home, so that's what I'd do (tamales are a major family production, and I have neither the support staff nor the equipment for it.  So I don't do those at home.).  Something about winter (for Texas on the Gulf Coast) weather makes me want Tex-Mex at every meal.  Chili is another good home option.  Never eat chili in a restaurant; it always sux. But a plate of cheese enchiladas in meat sauce with rice and beans and a basket of chips with at least two salsas, and a cold beer?  Yeah, I'll down out on that every night of December.  At least.

I've said too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment