Wednesday, November 30, 2022

In The Old Days We Called This A Persecution Complex


Help government? You mean the guy who told California to fuck off because he didn’t want his employees to be protected from Covid? Or do you mean the guy who hoodwinked cities with The Boring Company? I think Neiwert gives Elmo too much credit here because I don’t think The Boring Company was ever such a grand conspiracy. Nor is it clear how selling a lie to cities would ever make them give up on mass transit. I put it in the box with the colonization of Mars. Elmo is not a visionary genius. He’s narcissistic child with the attention span of a hyperactive toddler.

I actually read another conspiracy theory about the Boring Company (on Twitter, of course). In this one Boring started off with a small machine because it would fit in the rocket SpaceX had. Why? Because the only way to live in Mars is underground, due to the radiation (note: I have no idea whether this is true or not). Now Boring has a bigger machine because SpaceX has a bigger rocket πŸš€. (Except I don’t think that one has ever gotten off the ground.) Because Elmo really is gonna move to Mars!

I’m not sure how Twitter fits into the master plan to move to Mars, but I’m sure it does 

Spoiler: Musk is never going to Mars.

The simplest answer (paging Occam) is Elmo is a narcissist child with a great deal more money than sense. His tweets prove he’s incapable of thinking more than two minutes ahead, or thinking ideas more complicated than “How does this affect me?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment