Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Europe Does Not Have A First Amendment: Part Two

It's almost surprising how many legal geniuses on Twitter (responding to this tweet) don't grasp this simple concept.

Almost.

 (I wrote a longish post on the question of Apple's App Store violating anti-trust laws, a subject on which I'm almost completely ignorant.  But then I realized I was arguing with people on Twitter insisting Apple was in trouble in the Epic v. Apple suit (still pending with the 9th circuit) over anti-trust violations; people who had no clue what the legal issues are in that suit.  So I'm not going to argue with them here, about free speech.  This is, as I say, an international company, and the EU is entitled to enforce its laws on content moderation.)

(Although some of the responses are better than others:
Heh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment