Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Trump Is Growing His Base

Deputy director for data analytics at the Southern Poverty Law Center, Megan Squire, was a little more direct.

"Give me a break! There's no reason to go to Waco, Texas, other than one thing – in April," Squire said. "I can't even fathom what's what that's about other than just a complete dog whistle – actually forget dog whistle, that is just a train whistle to the folks who still remember that event and are still mad about it." 

I guess. Although to most of us Waco is home to Baylor University, the Texas Ranger museum, and the Dr. Pepper museum.

I've been there, and I can't imagine one other reason to ever be there.  I'm pretty sure the town is as proud of Koresh as Dallas is of Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby.  In fact, I think the impact here is going to be comparable to the Q-Anon people who gathered at Dealey Plaza waiting for John-John to appear.

I'm still wondering why so many reports insist this is the "first big rally" of Trump's presidential campaign.  Especially since everything he's done since he announced, including his trip to Iowa, has been a damp squib.
In satire veritas.

No comments:

Post a Comment