Saturday, September 14, 2024

Twitter: The Deeper You Go, The Worse It Gets

Some of the responses to this post go to Rufo's "proof": Yeah, that's not a video. That is, but there's no smoke rising from the grill. All the movement comes from the shaky camera (cinema verite!). You do see, in a separate shot, two cats who seem to be in the same area as the grill, moving. So there's some motion. And I guess "last summer" means June-August, 2024. It's still pretty warm in Ohio, I think. It is in Texas, although I remember fall weather moving in to Chicago in September, the year I lived there. I don't know why you'd say "last summer," though, and not "just last month." No matter. This is hardly "proof." No one is shown cooking the cats, or removing the fur first, or eating them. This is pretty easy shit to fake, and pretty lame "proof."

And if you're going to barbecue a cat, wouldn't you dress it, as in that famous picture of RJK supposedly eating a dog?  These animals don't even look gutted, which is not the way you cook any meat that I know of.  Even roast pig is splayed on a spit.

And there's still the matter of the police reports; there aren't any.

Still, a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.  And racism and xenophobia are powerful jiu-jiu among some people.  Usually the ones you find at the bottom of a Twitter feed.

Sorry to intrude late, but I found that RFK picture I was thinking about:
The more I look at that video, the more it looks completely faked. Shocking, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment