Friday, May 31, 2024

How To Win Votes And Influence People

 

Blitzer, who lost family members at Auschwitz during the Holocaust, took particular exception to Trump calling the U.S. a "fascist state" in his "incoherent" speech at Trump Tower on Friday, which led him to press Vance over whether he agreed about the state of the country.

That was preceded by Vance stating, "I believe that Donald Trump did nothing wrong," which led to him asserting the 34 felony counts Trump was convicted of shouldn't happen "in the country I want to live in. Not in the United States of America that I know and love."

Blitzer shot back, "So you don't want to live in the United States?"

"I don't want to live in a New York sham prosecution — I would not live in New York state right now, absolutely I wouldn't Wolf," Vance replied.

"But you don't believe we live in a fascist state, do you?" Blitzer later asked, quoting Trump.

"Wolf, I think that..." Vance began as Blitzer followed up with, "Answer the question."

"I think what happened in New York, if you apply to across all 50 states, would be the definition of fascism," the Ohio Republican replied as Blitzer attempted to speak again. Vance spoke over him, complaining, "Throwing your political opponents in jail? Thank God it only happened in New York and not the rest of the country." 

Or, you know, not.

We're gonna need a roll call of politicians who've gone to jail, or just been criminally prosecuted.  Maybe we could start with Blogojevich.  Or the clown who just got kicked out of the House. 

It's gonna be a long list.

As Biden said today, no one in America is above the law, including candidates for public office.  They, especially, should be beyond reproach.  And a felony is, among other things, a crime of moral turpitude.

Face it, this is going to be fun: 

It also won't make Trump any less of a felon. I also hate it when Trump makes John Bolton right. Yeah, and if I cared about the future of the GOP, that might worry me. Trump IS finally getting mainstream press attention. But did you do it in New York City? I'm pretty sure the Harris County DA would let me get away with it. Since, you know, I'm not running for President or anything, and flaunting my criminality and daring people to prosecute me. I really wish Biden would fight back. All he's done is release this statement and make some off the cuff remarks about the jury verdict and a ringing defense of the US legal system, and then launch into a thorough explanation of a complex proposal for a ceasefire in Gaza, which took longer to explain and lay out in broad, but clear, terms. A nice contrast to Trump's rambling farrago, but when is Biden going to actually fight? Or, you know, just notice that Trump is a convicted felon and a dangerous idiot? Yes, I think that's the Rubicon we've crossed. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment