Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Fire At Will

And then I read this: As GI's returned from WWII, they decried the John Wayne movies in which he wins the war single-handedly.  Trump obviously learned his military prowess from those movies:

"This is a complete lie, and 10 witnesses can back it up. Mark Esper was weak and totally ineffective, and because of it, I had to run the military," Trump said.

"I took out ISIS, [Iranian commander] Qassem Soleimani, [Islamic State leader Abu Bakr] al-Baghdadi, rebuilt the military with $52.5 trillion, created Space Force, and so much more.

"Mark Esper was a stiff who was desperate not to lose his job. He would do anything I wanted, that's why I called him 'Yesper,'" Trump added. "He was a lightweight and figurehead, and I realized it very early on. He was recommended to me by some very weak RINOs [Republican in name only] and that is what he turned out to be."

Get that?  Trump didn't need Esper or the DOD or any other part of the government.  He did it all himself.

(Trump also denies he wanted 10,000 troops in D.C. for the BLM protests, even though there's a contemporary record that this is exactly what he asked for.  He claims now he wanted that number of troops in D.C. on January 6th.  There's no record of that request at all.)

Since I started this, I found the statement in a form you can read (sorta) with some equally interesting commentary:
Now let's see Trump respond to this: And as long as we're on the subject of Trump firing people:
This doesn't make me admire Esper.  But it does make me think Esper being there as long as he could and thwarting as much of Trump's nonsense as he could, was not all a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment