Friday, May 20, 2022

The More Tweets The Strangier

Proof history is a flat circle. I was pretty sure we already had, unless independent AI designed, built, launched, and monitored all the crafts that have told us what we know about Mars. Oh, set foot on it! 🦢 Who cares? 2001 came and went without any bases on the moon, or even a space station accessible by PanAm shuttle and housing a Hilton.

I suppose the woke mind virus destroyed my 1968 dreams.
That woke mind virus turns brains to Swiss cheese πŸ§€. "The wrong people are getting what I can’t have.”

Though we just started calling it “zero sum” recently, this bit of demagoguery is at least as old as the republic.
I post this partly because of the coincidence: the SI cover on the left is probably the first swimsuit SI cover I ever saw. But I have no complaint with the cover on the right. What amuses me is the reactions to it on Twitter. See? 

In Classical Greek art, through the Renaissance which revived it, down to Dejeuner Sur l’herbe and Grand Odalisque, art would recognize the beauty of the woman on the 2022 cover.

But don’t try to explain that to the morons on Twitter. You might as well explain deconstructionism to a pig. Actually, I think you’d have more success with the pig. By all accounts they are very intelligent.
She seems nice. I guess Abbott deleted his tweet. Because I'm quite sure Musk didn't wise up.  I'm also sure Musk got more likes and rewtweets than that.  Abbott is not the avatar of millenial Texans. Welcome to the Perpetual Outrage Machine. Wonder how that got started? Wonder what keeps it running? Have we finally discovered perpetual motion? Pennsylvania is full of slackers and Dr. Oz is here to give 'em a swift, smiling kick in the butt! That is, if he wins the primary.... Word is leaking out that the Emperor might just possibly maybe could be we aren't sure yet but some people say, be naked. Film at 11. Just noted because the quote there is from the guy who wants to raise taxes on all Americans, cut Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, and wants the GOP Senatorial candidates (at least) to run on that platform. As I said before, I didn't think irony was this good at her job. 

And when it's still not weird enough for you: Elmo has gone full Trump. You never go full Trump. 

As a palate cleanser, a reminder: don't judge, and you won't be judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment