Thursday, May 19, 2022

πŸ””

I saw Linda Ronstadt in concert only once. She opened the concert with “Lose Again.”  In the dark arena a spotlight lit her up and she opened the song with the first brave note as the first note we heard in the concert. Completely unaccompanied. She hit that note as purely and clearly as if she were ringing a bell.

She had everyone at the concert in the palm of her hand the rest of the night.

How could I not post a Linda Ronstadt video?

(I won’t mention I had a kid’s record player…as a kid. I still remember all the cheesy records for it, too. At some point we shoved it in the closet in our (my brother and I) bedroom. I tried wiring more speakers to it by wiring them in sequence off the speaker in the player. Yeah, I was not a prodigy electrical engineer. No, it didn’t work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment