Saturday, November 25, 2023

πŸ‘΄πŸ»

Proud of this one. I wrote about my grandparents, The Golden Bachelor, and Joe Biden turning 81. 
Please read/share and let me know what you think! 
“Old age no longer means what it used to — and Democrats should make that case this cycle.”
By the time they were my age, both of my grandfathers were old. Not in my young eyes alone, but in the eyes of the world. They were also both dead.

My father smoked like a chimney, got his exercise walking a golf course (until he took up using a cart), had two heart surgeries and two heart attacks. Heart problems took his father and his older brother.

Dad died just after his 90th birthday; not of heart problems.

I don’t have his heart problems, nor my mother’s diabetes, complications of which finally took her, also at 90. Her baby sister just turned 90, and has no reason right now not to expect to hit 100.

I remember when people my age were “old,” and had one foot, if not both, in the grave. That has changed dramatically in just 50 years.

Old age no longer means what it used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment