Saturday, November 18, 2023

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Baptist pastor at Trump rally in IA today prays for God to elect Trump: “We need your intervention. Lord, restrain evil for your Holy Spirit and your people and Godly servants in office - especially Donald Trump.”
I knew a pastor who happily told the story of a church member who told him something so ridiculous about her opinion of God (sorry, this was at least 40 years ago), that he happily replied: “Thankfully, I don’t worship the God you do.”

If they’re being honest, many pastors could tell you versions of that story. Not sure why it occurs to me now…. πŸ€” 

1 comment:

  1. There are Baptists and then there are "Baptists." I guess. Same for Catholics, too, though Francis is firing some of them these days. I think even his patience has been exhausted by some of them. We need more religion wars of the non-shooting kind.

    ReplyDelete