Tuesday, March 02, 2021

“I Won’t Do Jackshit For People Still Without Water

and I won't even propose legislation to fix our electricity crisis. I won't do a goddamned thing to make Texas look any less like a failed state or a third-world nation than it already does, but I will throw a bone to my rabid GOP base and try to get Alan West off my back.  No water, no food, no money?  Look over there, the bars are open!”

It’s amazing how fast a man in a wheelchair can run away from real responsibilities.
The only people in Texas who matter: white, Republican, and very conservative. I'm not taking mine off.  In fact, I scheduled my first vaccine shot this morning, and the information provided explicitly said I should continue wearing a mask/social distancing even after the vaccine is effective (no earlier than 7 days after the second shot).  I’m not going to a restaurant or any crowded indoor space anytime soon.  I count myself among the 88% who aren’t nearly as stupid or irresponsible as our governor.

I'm willing to bet all I have that when cases rise again, and deaths, Abbott will blame people for going to bars (he did it once before) and people not getting vaccinated fast enough.  Anything to disavow responsibility.

To whom do we complain about our voices not being heard?

No comments:

Post a Comment