Monday, May 02, 2022

The More Things Change

Or hilariously, desperately familiar:
Full disclosure: I haven't been in a convenience store in about half-a-century. Literally. Well, I tell a lie. I often go in them when they are attached to gas pumps and I am far, far out of town and in the middle of nowhere. Or it's a Buc-ee's. Buc-ee's is a social experience. Their bathrooms are a religious experience. I'm very serious. It's the oasis on the freeway desert. It's a Texas version of a bodega.

Now you know my dirty little secret.

But unless I'm out on the vast expanse of the freeway, I never go near a convenience store.  They just aren't...convenient.

1 comment:

  1. I would bet some New Yorkers think "bodega" is an old Dutch word for "corner store." That is if they know anything about the Dutch connection to New York City.
    I think once a week is kind of minimal, it's more daily than that.

    ReplyDelete