Saturday, October 22, 2022

And Christians Who Don’t Agree With Them…

...are not Christians. So, what about these guys? "Angels" are a Jewish/Christian concept, and the “angel of death” appears in some translations of Exodus. So, is it “religious” to wish death upon others?

I'm gonna just belatedly squeeze this one in here: Because it really makes this relevant:
John said in response, "Master, we say someone driving out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he isn't one of us." 
But he said to them, "Don't stop him; in fact, whoever is not against you is on your side."

Luke 9:49-50, SV

As best I can, I’m standing with Jesus.

Just not this Jesus:

To be honest, my Jesus looks more like Yassir Arafat. Or a homeless person; a naked person who needs clothes; a hungry person who needs a meal. Jesus told us explicitly he would be with the poor; not the powerful. Make of that what you want about "my" Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment