Thursday, October 20, 2022

“People Are No Damned Good”

I think they mean this: Was it the cockroaches or the blood that bothered them? Speaking of crazy people...

No, I don’t mean Kari Lake (that’s too easy). The thesis there is that Trump will pick Lake as his VP, and then we’ll be sorry we didn’t worry about her sooner! Yeah, an election in two years when Trump may or may not be the GOP nominee, and he may or may not pick Kari Lake because she’s scary-flavor-of-the-day! Personally I think Trump is more likely to go with Herschel Walker if it comes to that. Somebody who makes him look smart by comparison and won’t steal the attention (she’s much too attractive to make Trump not think the room is looking at her. I’m describing Trump’s mindset, not my own.)

But you know, be afraid now, because…run in circles, scream and shout?
  I learned this technique in high school English. “When you can’t dazzle ‘em with brilliance, baffle ‘em with bullshit.” The title above is also from high school English. A poster in the classroom my teacher said was ironic. I was a good Calvinist at the time; I just took it as a truism.

I still mostly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment