Wednesday, October 26, 2022

'LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!"

At a campaign stop in Georgia with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Wednesday, Walker argued that Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) should encourage unhappy citizens to leave the country.

"That's what we need," he said. "We need leaders in Washington who say, 'If you don't like the rules of the United States of America, leave the United States of America. Go somewhere else. There's other places. And if they will take you, why don't you go?'"

That's the version of that argument I heard in my feckless youth.  And if you think Mr. Walker is not in good company, think again:

Although at least Mr. Walker is more honest about his ignorance:

"Y'all ask me why I'm running," he remarked. "I'm running because I'm this country boy from Wrightsville, Georgia."

"I'm just a country boy from Wrightsville, Georgia. I don't know what I'm doing," he admitted.
Not really an honesty that serves as a ringing endorsement, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment