Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Too True To Be Good

I gave some small change to Beto for his Senate run four (or was it just 2?) years ago.

Worst mistake of my life.

I tried unsubscribing from some of the ActBlue stuff, and thought it had worked.  I get e-mails from candidates in states I've never even visited, much less can I vote there.  And they are all so formulaic it hurts.  I never read beyond whatever lines show up in my in-box before I delete them, but just glancing at this tweet without (yet) reading the article, I can tell my experience is not singular.

If I never see another e-mail with the words "I am humbly asking," it'll be too damned soon.  I don't even think that shit works.  Or if it does, it's on the scale of Trump's fundraising, and 90% of the money raised goes to the cost of fundraising.  Which really, given the quality of the appeals, should be minimal.

It's not like they do much more than change the name of the candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment