Tuesday, March 21, 2023

WOKE UP!

Good morning! (Like I said, the barricades are for people who want to see Trump perp-walked). Precisely the language I heard used by racists to condemn "outside agitators" and "northerners" during the Civil Rights Movement era. Right down to the Southern drawl (I have a Texas twang softened by a Southern drawl. If you ever get me to talk "Texan," or to my brother. It comes out stronger with family than with strangers. With strangers I sound like a TV newsman from the '60's.) "Woke" is just cover for "I don't like non-white people." Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Nobody knows what the Manhattan grand jury is looking at, or what evidence they have received, aside from that Costello said yesterday (and he was apparently so weak Cohen wasn't called back for rebuttal). That's how grand juries are supposed to work, in order to protect both the innocent and the case being made by the prosecution. I'm quite content to wait and see what charges, if any, are actually brought. News,on other hand, especially since the rise of the punditocracy, lives ever in the future it imagines from reading chicken entrails and tea leaves of its own manufacture. Really? Does Alexander actually imagine this will work? Purely coincidental, I'm sure. (Or would Elmo say: "Vox populi, vox dei"?) Everything is going according to plan. I guess. I wonder if 'woke' is a term of art in the Sherman Anti-Trust Act? DeSantis went to Yale Law, he should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment