Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Not Even Dios de los Muertos Is A "Celebration" of Death ๐Ÿ’€

So, back to ANC:

 "I think they're nasty," he said. "They came up with a story that I look down, and I call soldiers that died in World War I suckers, and losers, okay... It was a made-up story."

"Like she lied on McDonald's," he continued. "She said that she worked at McDonald's. It's not a big lie, but it's a big lie."

Trump argued that criticizing him for using Arlington Cemetery in a campaign video was "one of the worst" attacks.

"I went to Arlington at the request of people that lost their children," he explained. "And they asked me if I'd come and celebrate with them three years, three years. They died three years ago."

Alright, the McDonald's thing ("Fetch" is never gonna happen!):  I worked for two fast food national chains one summer (long story).  I doubt either national office has a record of my employment for their franchises.  Why would they?  The franchisee hired me, not the national office in...wherever.

The "suckers and losers" story goes back to Trump's own administration.  Nice try attempting to blame it on Harris/Walz.

Nobody "celebrates" the anniversary of the death of a loved one.  You observe it, you mourn anew on it, you recall afresh what you have lost.  The anniversary of my brother's death came last month.  I assure neither I nor his wife and son "celebrated" it.

Although that explains Trump's stupid grin and "thumbs up" over the grave.  He really is incapable of understanding human emotion, or of feeling the slightest tinge of empathy.

At least he's not blaming Harris for the reports of a fight at the cemetery.  Maybe he remembered that his own campaign confirmed it when NPR contacted them for the original story the day after (you know, the video that proves the fight wasn't their fault).  It would be ironic, because FoxNews already seems to have forgotten it:

Gee, I wonder why that ANC employee declined to press charges?  For the life of me, I can't imagine why (and the people on Twitter all saying charges should be filed despite her unwillingness, are no better than the crowd on FoxNews.).

Although all of this kinda fits with this:

He doesn't know what's in it, but he likes it?  He doesn't know what his campaign has said about the cemetery incident, but he knows it didn't happen?  Anybody gonna sober Pirro up enough to ask her why LaCivitas said there was tape proving his side of the story?

No comments:

Post a Comment