And what does that have to do with the price of gas? Or food? Or housing? Or the fact that inflation is up but wages aren’t?Have some damn self respect bro sheesh https://t.co/RNn38VLLAG
— The Tennessee Holler (@TheTNHoller) August 23, 2026
Here’s a hint for Sean: almost everybody earns a wage. Very few people own stocks and, those who do usually own them through a mutual fund in a 401K; which just as often loses money as earns it.Speaks volumes pic.twitter.com/ivv4Bf1fpL
— The Tennessee Holler (@TheTNHoller) August 24, 2026
A rising stock market only means the rich are getting richer, not that all boats are equally rising. And besides, the standard of measure is a marketing tool, not an economic one.
I wish I had the no doubt decayed magazine I remember reading skepticism about retirement savings accounts when those financial instruments were being invented to gull the mid-brow-middle-class idiots who said they wouldn't be much more effective than a bank account. No doubt some lefty magazine of going on forty five years back or so.
ReplyDeleteI don't think the concentration on STEM subjects has made Americans any less of suckers for things with numbers attached to them.
I'll bet a lot of those watching the races were hoping for deadly crashes. Other than that I don't see much to them. We are at the imperial Rome era, Nero class decadence level, brought here by our endless notions of freedom without moral responsibility. Everything is performative or crooked and it's all cruel.
I have to admit I was waiting for reports of a bad crash. Not wishing for it, just expecting it.
DeleteIn the end, I finally found out who won, but the whole thing seems to have made as much news as Trump’s Hunger Games for White People. Never did find out who won that. Never cared, either.