I would not put it past the Sinister Six to accept that Trump has a “national security” argument for his ballroom where he clearly doesn’t. What I would say is that they cannot raise that to a constitutional authority that overrides the clear Article I Congressional authority to allocate government funds. Which means the next Congress can simply deny funding or any expenditure on the ballroom, or at least demand all the procedures and reviews in place for such architectural projects be followed. And either way, end the thing.Appeals court: you cannot build that ballroom. Trump: fine, the Joint Chiefs just declared it a military facility, see you at the Supreme Court. Also Trump: here is an AI video of me giving George Washington the tour. pic.twitter.com/MdZmcY7fcu
— Sean Hannity πΊπΈ (@seanhannity) August 16, 2026
Because I really don’t see the Court ruling on it, in Trump’s favor at least, before next summer. Nor do I think they’ll try to make a Constitutional issue out of it. Ultimately that is still a Congressional prerogative, and Congress can simply say: “Nope.”
And then there’s that AI video of Trump walking Washington through an imaginary bomb shelter, which is not the flex in court Hannity seems to think it is. If anything, it makes Trump dangerously delusional; or at least deeply unserious. While raising still more questions about the argument that we cannot allow a Chinese data center gap.
Of course, I’m still failing to see what the argument for that is, anyway. AI is apparently the inevitable future that leaves us even worse off than the internet has. We aren’t going to need SkyNet to destroy us (and why wasn’t SkyNet envisioned as a sprawling explosion of data centers nobody wanted? Speculative fiction is really never speculative in the right ways.)* We’re going to do it to ourselves. We’re going to use up land and water to generate AI slop because it suits the interests of the moneyed class that thinks tulips will make them Masters of the Universe. We have met the enemy, and he is us. When he isn’t a demented old man determined to reprise the reign of George III.
I really don’t think Trump wants that in the court record, no matter how strong Hannity thinks it is.This is something someone posts when they have completely lost their marbles. pic.twitter.com/BSDPotVcQn
— Brian Krassenstein (@krassenstein) August 15, 2026
*Bradbury got closer when he imagined a future where we all talked to each other on our wristwatches rather than face to face; or spent all our time staring at screens. Humanoid robots make for scarier visuals, but we don’t need them for the apocalypse.
No comments:
Post a Comment