Sunday, August 16, 2026

How Odd That The Courts Can’t Find That Authorization

Are you sure Trump didn’t get the authorization from AI George Washington? And are you just going to try in court 22 more times, like you have over state voter rolls?
WELKER: Do democratic socialists belong in the Democratic Party?

JEFFRIES: What I can say is I do not support defunding the police, I do not support open borders, I do not support abolishing the Senate. We're focused on actually solving the problems hard-working American taxpayer want us to solve, which is to lower the high cost of living in a situation where life is far too expensive in this country. That's the Democratic agenda.
Jeffries is still running the last election, when FoxNews actually mattered. Mamdani and El Sayed and AOC are not advocating abolishing the Senate or wide open borders. Stop doing the GOP’s work for them, or get the hell outta the way. At this rate, your elevation to Speaker is going to kill the Democrats’ momentum before it can even get started.

Frankly, his one sentence summary of the “Democratic agenda” could have come from Ken Paxton. Paxton’s “solution” is tax credits, which the majority of Americans (and Texans) would never get. Do better or get off the tracks. Train’s a comin’.

2 comments:

  1. I dunno. Swap in "in favor of letting men play women's sports" and Jeffries is responding to the current GOP attacks on Josh Turek. Still a defensive approach when there is so much opportunity for the opposite.

    It's kind of funny. One of the other political type sites I frequent will hold out 1964-5 LBJ as the kind of bold progressive we need. They will admit he ran aground on Vietnam but they've never quite faced the fact they would have disliked/hated Senate Majority Leader LBJ as much as they dislike Schumer and Jeffries.

    It's too early to know but I think Ocasio-Cortez is the one person on the scene who can combine charisma and commitment with the more technical political skills needed for Ds to succeed. Sure can't think of anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, LBJ is despised for Vietnam, or praised for the “Great Society.” But you don’t get one LBJ , without the other. Wish you could, but Presidents don’t work that way.

    And I don’t like Jeffries repeating GOP talking points whatever the context. Let the GOP do that. Tell Welker the DSC is part of the Democratic Party, which has always been a big tent; that’s what makes it a great American political party.

    It’s not that hard.

    AOC is good, but I really don’t think she has the national chops. If she wants to rise, run statewide for the Senate. See how that works.

    ReplyDelete