Monday, August 24, 2026

This Is The Biggest Story I Heard About The Race ‘Round D.C.

gtconway3d “Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick, himself in a regular suit and tie, approached a group of racecar drivers hanging out by the paddock. ….

“‘Good luck today,’ Mr. Lutnick told them. ‘Enjoy it. This is all of Washington, just for you.’

“He walked away. One of the drivers turned and shrugged.

“‘I honestly have no idea who that was,’ he said.”
It’s also the best story, IMHO. All these people in Trump’s orbit all so thirsty.

Which tells you how I get my news. I won’t even log in to the NYT via the gift link in that tweet. OTOH, the Lovely Wife pays attention to regular news for me, and she didn’t see anything about it, either.

I still want to know where the ticket proceeds went. I don’t doubt the accounting for them is squirrelly as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment