Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"People are scared of the poor."* Still.


You have to be taught to hate.  Paul Krugman explains:

“[Rick Santelli] hates the poors,” Krugman snarks, “he hates people who want to help the poors, he was trashing Janet Yellen for suggesting that she actually cares about the plight of the unemployed. And the traders feel the same way. So they like Santelli even though he’s been wrong about everything.”

And because I am a full-service blog, I've tried twice to post the video Krugman is referring to; but it refuses to "stick."  Oh, well, it's at the link, and having watched it,  I see no reason to think Dr. Krugman is being snarky.

Oh, and the difference between screamers on the internets, especially the ones I encounter on the topic of religion (mention it and they go full "Santelli") and Santelli, especially in his performance here?  Well, I can't find one.

Same as it ever was.

*Ret. Lt. Gen. Russell Honore

No comments:

Post a Comment