Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Okay, I’m Confused

One of the funniest accounts on Twitter is suspended because Slate (probably) couldn’t detect the sarcasm 

But this account continues:
Read the article; the guy posting on Twitter regularly writes outrageously anti-Semitic stuff under the guise of Christianity (I remember my seminary professor who attended Notre Dame and used to tell visiting families the statute stop the main building was “a nice Jewish girl”). Sick white supremacist crap, but he suspends his account periodically so Twitter won’t ban him. Apparently that works.

Maybe if somebody complains that it’s a parody…

O brave new world, that has such creatures in it.

I’m gonna miss DPRK.
Although maybe not for long.

1 comment:

  1. I found the problem with parody and satire online is that it was so often indistinguishable from stuff that really meant it. In that milieu parody and satire don't function. Sarcasm often doesn't have much of a chance either. Those only work among the rational, the informed and the honest. Ironically, I think "entertainment" might have a big hand in rendering them ineffective.

    ReplyDelete