Thursday, May 05, 2022

Disco Died, And All That Energy Had To Go Somewhere

I distinctly remember my uncle being in town (from California) and taking me with him to the store to by a CB radio for his car for the long drive back. CB's were selling like hotcakes, and the young clerk enthused that they would soon be standard equipment on cars, like AM/FM radios.

I'm pretty sure some new models that year came with installed CB's as an option.  That was also about the time CB's became as popular as Nehru jackets and harvest gold and avocado green as decorative color choices.

History is always weirder than you think it is.  And yes, you always had to be there.  Punks!

1 comment:


  1. The guy who wrote that stupid song was an enthusiastic supporter of the astro-turf truckers who terrorized Ottawa. It's just part of the reason I really didn't like the 70s.

    ReplyDelete