Monday, June 27, 2022

Bad Touch! Bad Touch!!

Well:
I was shoulder-to-shoulder with Rudy inside ShopRite,” said witness Rita Rugova-Johnson. “We’re talking, and all of a sudden an employee came out of nowhere and open-handedly slapped him in the back and said, ‘Hey, what’s up scumbag?’ 
“[The attacker] was on duty at the time,” Rugova-Johnson added. “The cops arrested him.”

By civil law, definitely an assault. But de minimus non curat lex. Which seems to hold true for criminal matters, too: 

Always good advice; especially where people who are very likely to consider themselves Very Important, are concerned.

Me, I don’t like to be hugged. One of my best friends ignores that entirely. Somewhere in adulthood he became a hugger. Still, he puts up with me, so we forgive each other much (I could tell you stories I will take to my grave. None redound to my credit, or debit his. He puts up with me, is the point.)  People slapping me on the back is not a favorite thing, but then I’m almost anonymous and hardly a VIP. Strangers don’t really notice me, much less bother me.

Rudy is an asshole. But keep your hands to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment