Wednesday, June 22, 2022

I Didn't Realize How Much I Was Thinking LIke A Lawyer

I caught this this morning on my way to the grocery store ('tis the week to be canning peaches). Sen. Gutierrez pointed out that the story of the husband detained and hauled away from the school after his wife called to say she was dying, came exclusively from unchallenged (or confirmed) testimony in a state Senate hearing. Context is all. I'm not taking anybody's story as "true" until more information is available.  One question I have, for instance, is why there were 91 DPS troopers on site, and none of them could do anything until Border Patrol finally said "Fuck it, we're going in!"?  Could that be the reason the Director of DPS is blaming Uvalde PD and Uvalde ISD?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Director McCraw was testifying to the Senate Committee assembled by Dan Patrick to investigate the Uvalde shooting. Sen. Gutierrez, who represents Uvalde in the Texas Senate, was not invited to be on that committee. I think now we know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment