Friday, June 17, 2022

Things That Make My Head Hurt

Yeah, my first thought, too, was: “Are the taxpayers paying for that?” And the answer is: “Not necessarily.” I’ve also seen enough Public Information Requests (that’s what the law is in Texas) to know referrals to the AG are almost pro forma. The AG has an office for those, so it’s doubtful Paxton will personally review the requests. But he’ll make it sound like he did.

And there may be good grounds to refuse them; depends on the content of each request. Although “embarrassing” is pretty much a sign they need better legal counsel. And besides, you can go to court on these requests. So it’s not like there’s no recourse if the AG accepts their flimsy arguments.
I made the annual run to a peach ๐Ÿ‘ orchard just east of Fredericksburg for peaches. I can about half a bushel every year. I paid more than I want to think about for gas for the trip (more than twice as much as I paid for the ๐Ÿ‘). But what I really noticed was how few people seemed concerned about how much gas they were burning.

I remember the last time gas prices jumped. They more than doubled, and the shock was so great drivers stayed off the road and those still there stuck fastidiously to the posted speed limit. It didn’t last long (and prices dropped rather quickly), but the shock was real.

This time? Not so much. 

I’m not sure what that means, but it doesn’t seem to mean what the pundits and politicians think it does.
Odds he only knows the names “Jefferson” and “Lincoln” and he remembers Lincoln died, so don’t use that one. Let’s just say I wouldn’t bet against it. Oh, I think that goes without saying. We all are. And DOJ reconsiders their need for all the J6 Committee transcripts, since Trump insists on doing their job for them. I consider my prior point about Jefferson/Lincoln proven. Peter Navarro Watch: The Beat Goes On. That was just really good. Pretty sure Rupar said the same thing about Biden working with Republicans on this law. ๐Ÿซ .  OCICBW. I rest my case on the “Jefferson/Lincoln” name recognition question. (And there was the time he addressed the Boy Scouts and talked about orgies on yachts.)

I will leave you here:
(It’s been a thing all day. This is clearly the winner.)

Goodnight Mr. and Mrs. America ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ, and all the ships ๐Ÿ›ณ  at sea ๐ŸŒŠ.

No comments:

Post a Comment