Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Liars Figure, And Other Tweets

I have no idea what this means. But I’m pretty sure it belongs on “Bad Legal Takes.”

And this one is just plain old bullshit:
Except that, rounding to $8 an hour for convenience, the only way a cashier/customer service associate grosses $17,000 is to work 44 hours a week every week of the year.

I worked fast food for a summer, many and many a year ago. I never worked so much as 20 hours a week.  The company didn’t want me to.  Favored employees worked as many as 25 hours, but nobody worked 40, much less 44, except managers.  Besides, 44 hours a week would invoke overtime, and nobody in that business pays anybody overtime.

They don’t make their money just by sticking as close to minimum wage as possible.  They also do it by using employees as minimally as possible.
Never get in the way of a man hitting himself in the face.

2 comments:

  1. I think Chuck learned everything he knows about the internet from Ted Stevens. Chuck's term should have been limited to 0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, celebrate Chuckles' continued war against the History Channel.

    ReplyDelete