Saturday, August 27, 2022

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

What Popehat meant: Nah. Honestly I think this “out of her way” characterization is just Trump animus. I mean, I get it, but it’s neither reasoned nor informed analysis. Unless, as I say, you see the Court treating Trump like he has no counsel. Which is really quite a brutal slap at his attorneys. It also quickly disposes of this case, which I think the court rather wants. That gets us a lot closer. Katie Phang argues the upshot of the order is a null set. Professor Vladeck thinks there’ll be a review of what might need to be returned to Trump, at best. Either way, the end is the same. And at the other extreme: Yeah, I’m in the Phang/Vladeck camp. This will be a Pyrrhic victory for Trump, at best. And there won’t be any fireworks in the courtroom. I expect the case to be over by the time of the hearing; but I’ll admit I’m venturing out on a limb to say that. Because really, who knows?

And why don’t we all just wait and see?

No comments:

Post a Comment