Thursday, August 27, 2026

You Know Trump Will Be Talking About This…

... in Dallas at the “mini-convention” and while he’s campaigning for Paxton.

Because people in Texas really care about the names of the Great Lakes. If they know the names of all five lakes. Or that “Ontario” is the Native American name for that lake. 

So, racist and insensitive and stupid and pointless and nothing anybody asked for…and less than two months before voting starts in Texas.

Trump will be so proud of himself.

I REALLY want Trump to campaign for Paxton. Maybe for Abbott, too. 😈

2 comments:

  1. I was more curious than I should be how Lake Ontario/America usage would compare to Gulf of Mexico/America usage. Then I came across a Nieman analysis (https://www.niemanlab.org/2025/10/nine-months-later-that-body-of-water-down-south-is-still-the-gulf-of-mexico-to-news-outlets) and saw Gulf of America usage was a quickly passing fad. My guess is even fewer will use Lake America.

    Which, if nothing else, underscores your observation about how stupid and pointless this all is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was actually wondering about that.

      Delete