He needs to talk to Trump.Greer: Canada came to us and wanted to negotiate a deal. We offered them an even better deal and we believe we had a deal. But, ultimately, in what seemed like a political decision, they decided to reject this and go in favor of some of the rhetoric you are seeing now. pic.twitter.com/Ef1quBCO0s
— Acyn (@Acyn) August 26, 2026
New: In a phone call with me after U.S.-Canada trade negotiations collapsed, President Trump suggested the US had added conditions late during talks.
— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) August 25, 2026
“That sounds like me,” Trump responded, when asked about Canadian officials' assertion about US late-stage demands.
When I…
New: In a phone call with me after U.S.-Canada trade negotiations collapsed, President Trump suggested the US had added conditions late during talks.
“That sounds like me,” Trump responded, when asked about Canadian officials' assertion about US late-stage demands.
When I pressed, “So you don't deny it?”
The president replied, “No, no, I don't deny anything. So no, they have to pay a fair amount. And if they don't pay a fair amount, we won't make a deal. That's fine.”
No comments:
Post a Comment