And how many in Hannity’s audience have stopped listening because reality is banging around in their backyard?https://t.co/Cx91YofON8 pic.twitter.com/AjdYNjIiSH
— MeidasTouch (@MeidasTouch) August 27, 2026
"We've been fighting this [data center] for three years," said Texas voter Tom Weeks, "and we realized that the Republican Party has given us nothing more than the middle finger. I have been a staunch Republican my entire life. I'm done. I would vote for the devil before I voted for Gov. [Greg] Abbott. I've been listening to [Democrat James] Talarico. I've been listening to, for the first time in my life, a lot of Democrats."And the saddest part is the GOP response:
"To that voter, and I didn't realize that he was talking about data centers," Dubke said. "I was going to react to say, there's a lot of things that Republicans have brought to the table. We have historic tax cuts, we have no taxes on tips, overtime. We have the Trump accounts for anybody having a child. I mean, that $1,000 is actually over compound interest is a real big darn deal. I was going to say damn, but I can't do that, and Trump are – so I mean, we've got lower prices."He might as well say “Data centers are GOOD for you!” Nothing there but vague and glittering generalities (Trump accounts for new parents? The “miracle” of compound interest? Really? I’m old enough to remember when Certificates of Deposit were marketed as the way to safely invest at a higher interest rate than passbook accounts. Inflation turned those into fossils almost half a century ago. “Compound interest? What is this, the 1930’s?)
It’s like Hannity is shouting into an empty room. A room his audience has left in disgust.
No comments:
Post a Comment