I'm sorry we never got a chance to meet, but getting this note from Dolly really had a an impact on me. She definitely didn't have to take the time to do it. Even for a kid who mostly listened to rap music, she was an icon. A superstar in every sense. Rest easy Dolly. And thank… pic.twitter.com/LPHi3cKe5m
— Marshall Mathers (@Eminem) August 25, 2026
I'm sorry we never got a chance to meet, but getting this note from Dolly really had a an impact on me. She definitely didn't have to take the time to do it. Even for a kid who mostly listened to rap music, she was an icon. A superstar in every sense. Rest easy Dolly. And thank you for the kind words.
I always thought of Dolly Parton as an American original, like Walt Whitman; and like Whitman, a national treasure.All the stories about Dolly Parton show she was charitable, humble, and inclusive, as well as had a great sense of humor and quick wit about her. Basically the best characteristics you can develop in yourself.
— derek guy (@dieworkwear) August 26, 2026
She was a gift to the world. If you live so that the world thinks it is poorer without you, you did it right.I appreciate that Dolly Parton played no part in "dress respectability" and, by her own account, modeled her aesthetic after a town "tramp," who she thought was beautiful. She separated aesthetics from character and understood "classiness" to be about how you treat people.
— derek guy (@dieworkwear) August 26, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment