Thursday, June 29, 2023

Critical Race Theory Inaction; Or, Please Don’t Hurt The White People

I am mickle in my wroth, but Justice Jackson is right. So is Justice Sotomayor. A 5-3 decision, because while she filed a dissent, Jackson recused herself from the hearing or decision of the case. CJ Roberts protects white people from America’s hidden wound. Sotomayor points out those days are over (“How long, O Lord, how long?”). Justice Thomas hates black people.

Remain at status quo ante, IOW.  Quelle surprise.


N.B. in response to rustypickup: MSNBC noted that, at oral arguments, Roberts rebuffed an argument from Harvard Law School on the analogy that the Civil War was fought to end racism(basically). It’s as white a privilege argument as I’ve ever hear.

I’ll have to read the opinions. I’m sure it’s in there somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. At 237 pages it will take time to work through all the decisions. A quick scan of the dissent (I believe J. Sotomayor) gleaned this summation. "Ignoring race will not
    equalize a society that is racially unequal. What was true
    in the 1860s, and again in 1954, is true today: Equality requires acknowledgment of inequality. "

    The push against CRT is this, a refusal to acknowledge inequality. A quick glance at the majority opinion confirms what I had expected, Brown as a shield to attempt to claim some high ground. I expect Creative 303 will be more of the same, here was "equality" to advance inequality, there will be "freedom" to advance discrimination.

    ReplyDelete