Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Shopping Like It’s 1999

Do you have 2 freezers, 3 refrigerators, and a 2000 sf pantry? Because I can’t imagine buying 58 items at Costco without having a trailer attached to a truck just to get it all home. Much less could I keep it when I got home. I’m guessing you aren’t buying the 50 lb bags of flour. The double-family size boxes of Cheerios and Lucky Charms and boxes of two dozen cookies seem more likely.

You must really love cereal and 5 lb  bags of coffee. Or maybe it’s soft drinks by the case.

I’m still flabbergasted. I’ve seen people haul loaded handcarts out of Costco they could barely maneuver, but I’ve never seen anybody come close to buying 58 items there at one go.

And I’m assuming you weren’t making a contribution to a food bank or a soup kitchen. You just don’t seem the type…

No comments:

Post a Comment