Saturday, August 29, 2026

O 🇨🇦

I’d say it’s sad to see Canadian officials getting sucked into acknowledging Trump’s delusional behavior; but he is the POTUS.  However insane and juvenile, what he says is a statement for the entire country. 

When, then, do we, the people, recognize he is an international embarrassment to the whole country?
It can’t be determined that is the general consensus of the world; but it’s hard to see how it couldn’t be. Could we at least set that as the threshold for impeachment and removal? This is the presidency in which we should make the impeachment clause mean something. Or just amend the constitution and remove the clause so that we quit pretending a president wholly unfit for office can be removed for cause.

3 comments:

  1. If there was going to be an impeachment leading to the removal of a president or Supreme Court "justice" it would have happened sometime in the past 230 years. Impeachment as a means of removing even a highly disposable "justice" is a Constitutional fairy tale, it is as real as the giant at the top of Jack's bean stock.
    I liked the proposal I saw yesterday for Canada to rename it "Lake Obama" though not because I'd name it that for any other reason than to really piss off Trump and the Republican-fascists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, I think it doesn't hurt to point out when he isn't stealing/grifting Trump is spending time doing things that nobody wants done and have no value past making him feel better about himself.

    to be maybe somewhat coarser than the room usually is, "the rip-off jerk-off Trump administration"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m in favor of pointing and laughing. But I hardly think my opinion is the last word.

    ReplyDelete